Sunday, September 21, 2014

Fall in New England - the changing of seasons and pumpkin cookies!

One of the things I missed most living South of the Mason-Dixon was the distinct seasons. Don't get me wrong not having to shovel for two years was pretty amazing, however the shift that takes place when the temperature drops, the leaves change and you need a blanket to snuggle up with at night is something I live for every summer. 

There are countless reasons I love fall, especially a true New England fall, apple picking, layering on a cute sweater, baking everything pumpkin flavored and the smell of a fireplace on a Sunday afternoon after family dinner. So its no surprise that mid way through September I am already working through my list of things I am dying to do for my first Autumnal season back in my home state!

To kick off the fall festivities I made my first batch of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies, they were fun to make and even more delicious than I had remembered! Hope you enjoy the photos and give the recipe a try :) 





Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:
1 can of Pumpkin
1 Egg
1/2 cup oil
1 Cup of sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of milk (I use 1%)
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
2 Cups of flour
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon 
2 Teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon of salt
1 Teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips  




 

Preheat your oven to 375 and grab an non-greased cookie sheet.



 



 

Mix pumpkin, egg, sugar & oil by hand, 
adding in milk and vanilla.










Next mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Gradually add your dry mixture to your wet until mixed together. Lastly, add in your chocolate chips.




Scoop mixture onto cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.




You will see in my photos they are no meant to be perfectly round cookies so no need to roll them, the mixture is generally too wet for that. They will not spread too much so feel free to pack them onto a cookie sheet. Depending on size of the cookies this will make approximately 2 dozen. 







I am working on a list of "Fall Musts" - Attire, Activities, Cocktails & Food so keep an eye out for that coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment