Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Funday- for your skin! :)

I have always struggled with my skin, I break out easily which means I would pack on the make up to cover it up which then causes increased breakouts! Ugh the cycle of it all!

There are few rules I learned in college:

1. Never go to bed with your make up on (no matter how many drinks you've had!)
2. Less is more- the more you try to cover up the worse it looks
3. Find a routine and stick to it (see my "favorites" page for what I use)
4. Clean your make up brush often
5. Moisturize

#4 is by far my favorite- my roommate & I would love to clean our brushes weekly! To this day I still update her when I clean them because she is the only one who understands this crazy obsession!

I have purchased a variety of cleaning products over the years, some more expensive than I am willing to admit! Then along came Pinterest (seriously what would I do without it?) and I found a homemade version which actually turned out to be better for me as I have pretty sensitive skin. I was using blue Dawn because that is what everything said to use, however I found myself buying Dawn specifically for this, so I substituted Method dish soap (which is what we use in the kitchen) and it worked just as well!

Brush Cleanser:

1 cup of warm water
1 TBSP white vinegar
1 TBSP dish soap


Soak the brushes in the mixture for 10-15 minutes, rub through the brushes to loosen anything that might be stuck in the bristle. 

Rinse through with warm water rubbing the bristles until the water dripping off the brush is clear. Leave flat to dry.








Check out these "before & afters!" 





 I also take an antibacterial wipe to the handle just to get the excess makeup & germs off :)






 In case you were wondering what the water looked like after I soaked all of the brush for some time take a peek at this! It is pretty gross to think all this came off, but also super satisfying to know they are now clean :) 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I have purchased brush cleaners and have not been happy with the results. I am so going to do this to all my brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a total lifesaver! It will leave your brushes fresh & clean with minimal chemicals :)

      Delete