Thursday, February 18, 2016

Post baby style

After 9+ months (10 really!) of wearing baggy clothes to hide a bump, followed by maternity clothes which accentuated said bump, I was so excited to get back into my regular stores (hello J.CrewH&MNordstrom) and clothing. Then I quickly realized two things: despite being below my pre-pregnancy weight (thank you breastfeeding!) my clothes do not fit the same, and breastfeeding makes wearing "regular" clothes tough.

I did my fair share of research on breastfeeding, getting the "right" bra and nursing pads, but I did not take into account my clothing choices. This was particularly an issue in the early days where a cover wasn't an option because I had no clue what I was doing and I needed to see what was happening. I feel much more confident now in feeding Maggie so I have started exploring clothes I can wear which cover myself instead of stripping down to feed her- I never did that in public don't worry ;)

I love the idea of finding pieces that make breastfeeding easier, but that can also be worn once we are done nursing. So here are some of my favorites so far!

I have this tank in several colors, I love the style because you can unbutton the top one and there is a contrasting color underneath so it makes it look more put together.

http://www.hm.com/us/product/37808?article=37808-C#article=37808-B


This sweater is hands down my favorite, I wear it way more than I should. It is SO comfortable, the fabric is amazing and it makes nursing a breeze! I've told all of my Mama friends about it! Until very recently it only came in the cream color and I seriously considered writing to H&M to implore them to make additional colors. It was as if they read my mind, it now comes in blush- and it is on it's way to my house as we speak ;)



http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/womens-ahnya-wrap?p=54575-1

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/womens-ahnya-wrap?p=54575-1
 I also have this Patagonia sweater in both colors shown here. It is not a "nursing" top but it works perfectly! Also good news it is part of the big sale Patagonia is having now!











http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4270017&cp=1760782.1760962&ab=tn_women_cs_sleepwear&parentPage=family 

Lastly I want to get real here - there have been a few days (more like 5 out of 7) that we haven't changed out of our PJ's. These are not only incredibly comfortable option, but super practical when it comes to nursing. I have two pairs and I love them! Target also has some really reasonable priced options!

What are your favorite nursing pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment