Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend!

I hope all of you (who live in the U.S) had a great Memorial Day weekend! We kept things pretty low key around here which was perfect after my whirlwind DC trip last weekend.

We did have time for a BBQ at my Parents' house so naturally I had to make a festive dessert. However before the cookout we grocery shopped, did laundry, cleaned out two closets, and the entire house before noon which was amazing, but also super tiring. I had plans to meet a friend for lunch so my sweet Husband offered to "throw together" the dessert for the cookout as I was going to meet him there later. It was very nice of him but I kindly explained I was planning to blog about it so I wanted it to look good as well as taste good.

I'll give it to him he did well :) and he took pictures, clearly someone has been watching me!

He also commented on how easy it was so I'm sure you will think so as well! Also as a side note this would look great in a trifle bowl but I am not confident Oliver knew what that was or where to find it ;) It doesn't look half bad in that Le Creuset either!

Here's the recipe:

- Angel food cake (I cheated mine is from Trader Joe's!)
- Vanilla pudding
- Strawberries
-Blueberries
-Cool whip

Chop up the cake into small pieces and place in the bottom of your bowl, mix in vanilla pudding and create a layer, top with blueberries. Next layer do the cake and pudding topped with strawberries. Alternate until done, and top with cool whip. Add decorations as you see fit!




We are headed away with friends for July 4th and I am definitely bringing this along! 


What are your go to summer desserts?


No comments:

Post a Comment