Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Three year Anniversary!

It is hard to believe it has been three years since we stood in this cute little Chapel and said "I do". SO much has happened since that day, so humor me while I take a little trip down memory lane! 



We were married on June 24th 2012, it was a beautiful summer day! We had the most amazing time celebrating with our loved ones who literally traveled from around the world to be there with us. Even as I write this I am overwhelmed with the love we felt that day, not only for each other, but for everyone in our lives!


Three days after our wedding we headed to our brand new apartment in DC which was also our first home together. It was one hell of a ride, I remember waking up after the first night and being so overwhelmed with happiness and utter fear. I had never lived that far from home, I knew absolutely no one besides Oliver and I was not working for two months. It turned out to be the best two years! We made friends and memories we will have for a lifetime. We made lots of mistakes, and learned big lessons. Most importantly it solidified the foundation of our marriage. I can honestly say we walked away from that experience better people and partners to one another.

Oliver graduated from his PhD, which was easily one of my proudest moments! In true Rick fashion after any big life event we packed up our stuff and moved. Back to Boston we went. We both started new jobs, and then started new jobs again. We got Clovis, our sweet pup who I can't imagine life without. Then things just settled down for a while which was quite refreshing for us!


























 And then came our biggest adventure yet...after lots of trials, tribulations and tears we are ecstatic to be adding to our family! We will be having our first child in December! I am still overwhelmed with emotions about it all (and I am not sure I can totally blame it on the hormones!). It was not the easiest road to get here, so I count my blessings and consider myself blessed to join the club of Motherhood to a sweet baby...

GIRL! :)




Thank you for reading and following along on our journey! 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment