Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend madness...

And just like that it is Monday again... the weekends seem to fly by these days as they are jam packed with so many things and so little time.

We had a busy one this weekend which we kicked off with a little dinner party at our house for a few friends. It was the first time we had hosted in months so I was super excited to plan & prep! We got a vote from the group- it was unanimously decided Southern BBQ. An old favorite for us so we were happy to oblige. I snapped a couple shots of the decor and food below with links to find most of it!

Oliver made these amazing rolls with a cinnamon sugar butter for an appetizer, they were pretty incredible! 



For the decor I went with sunflowers in the absence of wild flower availability & my favorite Anthropologie napkins. As for the cocktails- I skipped my usual themed boozy drinks for non- alcoholic as all of our female guests are pregnant. I opted for Sweet Tea & Lemonade in these awesome glass bottles from Crate & Barrel- they have a subtle nod to a Southern theme! The boys had lots of local brews & ciders to keep them hydrated all evening.



























Saturday was a day of cleaning and recovering. However we did make a trip to West Elm to check out a glider I've had my eye on for the nursery. I ended up skipping the West Elm piece  which felt a little modern for me and went for my original favorite Potter Barn rocker, and found a rug as well!  It was definitely a splurge but one I feel really good about!

 I posted a photo of the chair, but you'll have to wait to see the fabric choice when the room is complete :)  




















After a little afternoon nap we headed out to the Zac Brown Band concert at Fenway! We ended up heading in a little early to meet up with friends before the show. It was so great to catch up and have a real night out! These days bed by 9 pm is our routine so this was definitely a treat!





















Sunday was a day for cleaning, organizing and getting ready for the week. We also starting working on cleaning out the closet in the nursery. We had been using it for odds and ends, and special occasion attire. However I have been purchasing just a "few" pieces for our little one so we need more space for her ever growing wardrobe!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment