Friday, July 22, 2016

Summer reading list

My love for a good summer read stems from my childhood. I remember getting that reading list on the last day of school, color coding it (my need for organizing runs deep!), and heading for the library raring to go.

In my teens I lost touch with how much I enjoyed a good book, distracted by the usual demands for a teenage girls attention (glad this phase with M is still a few years away!). However, I have since rekindled my lost passion, and hope to pass that along to M. After dinner Oliver and I make a conscious effort to turn off the TV and phones and read, with a cocktail in hand of course! :)

Here are the books on my list this summer!



 Oh and how could I forget this one... 


We started reading it to M before bed at Oliver's request. It is one of his favorite childhood books, and he couldn't wait to start sharing it with Maggie! This little family of mine makes my heart so full! 






No comments:

Post a Comment