Friday, August 12, 2016

Girls Trip

The past few weekends have been super busy and filled with lots of firsts. One of which was my first night away from M for my Sister's bachelorette party. The following weekend was my first flight without her. Luckily both were super fun, I could (almost) totally relax knowing M was with her Dad who is easily the better parent ;)


How cute is this new shirt? Check out my upcoming Stitch Fix review for details.



I headed to DC early Saturday morning with my girlfriend to celebrate our dear friends 30th birthday. Her husband was so sweet to email us back in April so we had plenty of time to plan our stay. We arrived early and headed for our hotel. I snapped a few pictures of our room - I loved the shower and dark floors (mental note for future home!) 





We then went over to Le Diplomate for brunch. I adore this place! The food is phenomenal, the decor is perfection, which all comes together to create the most perfect ambiance. 

We then headed back for some relaxation and girl time before heading to the new (to me)  Dry Bar location in Dupont. With great hair and relaxed moods we headed back to the hotel for bubbles and the finishing touches.

The party was at Maple so we popped in earlier for dinner and drinks before heading upstairs to the party. It was such a fun night! There was an awesome  rosé bar, amazing gold flecked jewel treats, cake & apps. 





On Sunday I got to visit some old favorites, Bethesda BagelsBaked and Wired, and visit some friends from our time in DC. I also popped into a shop and picked up a gorgeous new bag, but more on that in a separate post! 

It was a fabulous 36 hour trip, short & sweet but worth every minute! Happy 30th to my sweet friend! I hope this year brings you so much happiness, puppy snuggles & many more trips together!
 XO

2 comments:

  1. As reported by Stanford Medical, It's really the SINGLE reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh 42 lbs less than us.

    (By the way, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING related to "HOW" they eat.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", not "WHAT"...

    TAP on this link to discover if this little test can help you find out your true weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. For most Australian plants there are two basic seed pod types Marlboro Cigarettes. The first are woody ones that remain on the plant indefinitely Newport Cigarettes Carton Price, waiting for a fire to release the seed. These include banksia, tea tree, bottlebrush and eucalypts. They're great, because the seed can be collected any time. Just take the woody pods and put them into a paper bag, in a warm, dry place, such as on top of a water heater and return a few days later and the seed is in the bag Marlboro Lights, ready to sow. Another tip with banksias is to put the pods into the oven on low heat, they pop open and release the seed.

    ReplyDelete