Friday, September 4, 2015

Adult Popsicles

Last weekend our friends had us over for dinner on Saturday for a Mexican themed dinner. They did an incredible job with the food- everything was seriously amazing!

I was at a loss as to what to make, I ended up making a totally off themed dessert of Chocolate Cream Pie. I thought about making a Chocolate Chile Cake but decided against it because it wasn't something I was excited about eating- super selfish!

At the last minute I decided to make some Margarita Popsicles- I figured even though I can't enjoy them there is no reason everyone else can't! They were super easy and fun to make, I highly recommend with the long weekend coming up you make these for your BBQ or weekend plans!




Recipe:

1 cup of Corona
1/3 cup of fresh lime juice
1/3 cup of sugar
1 shot of tequila


Mix in a bowl and pour into your trays. Mine are from Ikea but if you don't have your own trays you can always use paper cups & Popsicle sticks. I also thinly sliced limes and put them inside for decoration, they looked great but meant everyone had to pull them out when eating- not pretty on that end but a good idea! I'm thinking of using berries next time- at least they would be edible!











No comments:

Post a Comment