Friday, September 11, 2015

Putting a positive spin on things...

This week was one of those weeks where life just got a bit too overwhelming. Work was insane, I got home too late to cook or be productive, my to do list was endless, and I felt like no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't do it all- a feeling I am just not accustomed to. I had had it by Thursday evening. 

I was standing at the train stop in the pouring rain, no umbrella, no jacket just soaked. Two trains had come and gone while I stood there on the platform due to overcrowding and a very aggressive pack of tween girls just let out of soccer practice who shoved me out of the way to get on both passing trains only to be left in the rain right next to me (mental note: teach my daughter to always be gracious, kind, polite and most importantly patient). 

Then as I'm waiting for the third train to arrive this lovely older woman comes over and offers to share her umbrella with me. I politely decline telling her I'm already drenched but she insists and stands with me until the next train arrives making small talk about work, the train and my large & in charge belly. She assures we both get on the next train together. No sooner are we on another woman promptly stood up and gave me her seat. I usually decline to move someone out of their seat but in this case I politely accepted and began to tear up. 

It had been a hard, long, stressful week and the kindness of two strangers made me realize how lucky I am and how little I have to complain about. 

So instead of complaining, or posting about things I want or think I need I want to take a minute to acknowledge all of the positive things that happened this week an the many blessings I already have. 

1. My sweet girl kicking, and moving around. It's reassurance she is safe, happy and well looked after (& that not drinking bottles of wine & bubbly after this week are worth it... I already knew this but you know!;) ) 

2. My husband who picked me up at the train, listened to every annoying detail of my day over an amazing dinner out! (seriously, check out Farmstead Table in Newton!)

3. Clovis who was so happy to see his Mum & Dad when they got home from dinner and promptly snuggled up next to me for the remainder of the evening. 

4. A job, that although challenging is rewarding, and makes a real difference to people. 

5. This blog, although sometimes I feel I can't or don't give it 100% I appreciate having a space to write about my passions, project or just reflect on life. 

As always- thank you for reading, for your support, comments & emails! It really is what keeps me going & this space what is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment