Sunday, October 19, 2014

Definitely not feeling 22: Our weekend on the blog!

It is safe to say that the weekend really takes it toll more now than our college days, or even early 20's. We had grand plans for our Sunday which all came to a screeching halt when we woke up today!

I worked nights this past week while Oliver was out of town. Which meant Clo's routine was completely thrown off- not ideal for a six month old puppy! This included a two day hunger strike, an accident inside, and more alone time than he is used to while I worked.

So I decided I would make Friday special starting with a long walk along the Charles, and a trip to the doggie spa, which quickly took a turn for the worst. Before that I got a much needed manicure & pedicure Friday morning, so relaxing & was the perfect "me time" after that it was Clo's turn so we headed to BYOD dog wash in Newton, this place is awesome, if you live in the area check it out! However halfway through our bath I found ticks on my sweet boy, it took everything in my power not to break down into tears in front of the whole place- I am blaming this on a week of sleep deprivation from night shift!

We are both first time pet parents and this felt like the ultimate failure, everyone assured me it happens but I was alone, mortified, and most importantly guilt ridden. After that we went straight to the pet store where they advised me to switch to a different tick repellent, and soothed my anxiety. They even gave Clo a special treat, which was so sweet of them! How handsome does he look after his bath?

I spent the rest of Friday with the vet & disinfecting everything in sight- I am fully aware this is not necessary but it's the Nurse in me! I had plans with some friends from work, but I decided to stay home with my little guy instead and obsess over how I had failed him! Luckily, Oliver called us on Face Time and assured me it would be fine, that Clo knows how much we love him- I don't know what I would do without that man! 

Saturday Oliver came home, and we were so happy to have him back! He had a great time visiting friends and had a few meetings in Maryland. After that I had an appointment with my favorite hair stylist- Marina Melnikova! This girl seriously is amazing! She used to work on Newbury Street but then ventured out on her own, where she opened an on location business. I love that she comes to you, it gives such flexibility to her hours. Not to mention it is like hanging out with a girlfriend & getting beautified! She is going to be doing a photo shoot for her portfolio and I am so honored she asked me to participate!

She did a little color touch up, trim & blowout! I loved her version of romantic finger waves, which I topped with a bright lip. She also did my Mom & Grandmother's hair- both looked incredible! It was such a fun bonding day before we headed out to my Cousin's wedding- not before I sent Marina a selfie of the finished product of her work!

Saturday night was really beautiful, the weather was amazing for this time of year! You can't ask for much more than great company, food & of course lots of bubbly! I am terrible about getting photos of Oliver & I at events, luckily one of my Aunts is a pro & always manages to snap our picture- thank you Auntie Rosa! :)

Back to the bubbly, we had planned to go to Nashoba Valley Winery for a little tasting and outdoor lunch (check out my list of things to do this fall for more ideas to make the most of the season). Those plans went out the window when we woke up and realized we probably didn't need those last few drinks!

We spent today catching up on our shows, snuggling on the couch & hanging out with Clo's favorite people- Auntie Kelsey & Uncle Chris who were at a different wedding last night- we really missed them!



I hope you enjoyed your weekend, come back & visit soon! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment