Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Style guides: Dressing for a wedding


The perfect day for a perfect couple!
It is safe to say we have had a fair few weddings this summer, seven to be exact. Three of which my attire was already chosen for me as I had the honor of standing by some of my closest friends & new sister as they married some fabulous guys.

I have included two of the three bridesmaid dresses as we already had the professional pictures back, can't wait to see my friend Jen's pictures, she was a stunning bride!

Oliver & I at  C&K's wedding!

However the other five have proven to be pretty stressful as to what to wear. I think with the practice from this Summer's events have given me a good guideline of what attire works for various settings.

In September we had a wedding downtown in Boston which was "formal" attire. It was at a really beautiful hotel where I went for a more classic look, a black lace Maggy London dress, my favorite L.K. Bennett Sledge pumps and a red lip! Given the weather that weekend, unmarked humidity in the city for this time of year, I went for a low bun with lots of volume, low maintenance & chic!

As the wedding season winds down we have one coming up this weekend in Maine, which I am so excited about!  Maine is beautiful all year, but especially in October.  I can't wait for the scenic ride up there and of course the festivities!

The weather for this weekend is proving to be a bit of a challenge based on what is already in my closet, so I am headed out today to find a dress that will work for the weather as well as being stylish and venue appropriate! I will also be shopping for another wedding we have coming up in a few weeks that is closing out the season!

Here are a few looks I love and will be keeping in mind while shopping. Make sure to keep an eye out for some Instagram shots of the weekend :)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/astr-cutout-back-shift-dress/3827230?origin=shoppingbaghttp://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-embellished-stripe-fit-flare-dress-regular-petite/3756565http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/alfred-sung-woven-fit-flare-dress/3807790

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/adrianna-papell-scalloped-lace-dress-regular-petite/3855486http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/brands/wa-cocktail/kristy-short-sleeve-layered-dress

2 comments:

  1. We had an amazing event here this past weekend. We had a friend create some custom drink options that the bartenders served throughout the night and the designer easily collaborated with the Wedding location in Chicago to address her needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I love a good signature cocktail :)

      Delete