Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Weddings & Marriage



When I think back to our wedding day it really brings me to tears, it was the most amazing day I could have ever dreamed of! My Parents went above and beyond to give us the perfect day, and that it was. When the planning began I realized just how quickly things can get out of hand, I remember sitting with Oliver the night we got engaged talking over when, where, colors etc. At some point Oliver pointed out that he didn't really care about any of that and he was just so happy to be marrying me, which of course brought me to tears, as well as back to reality.

That night we promised no matter what else happened from that moment on we would not loose sight of what this day was truly about, marrying each other! I assure you we had to remind each other of this along the way, but it was the best thing we did! We put the time in to focus on what we wanted out of our marriage instead of just June 24th. We decided to write our own vows, which completely terrified me, but turned out to be my favorite part of the day. Hearing Oliver tell me what he envision for our future, and the husband he planned to be was the most incredible moment of my life to date!

I know I have mentioned before we have been to several weddings this summer, and at least two dozen since our wedding in 2012. I love weddings, especially when they are a true reflection of the bride & groom. It is always so fun to see how people bring their own personality to their big day & the love between them!

However at each wedding there are details that I think I would have loved to do that, or if I could change one thing it would be this (thanks Pinterest!) At the end of the day I am brought back to that conversation with Oliver, and I realize how far we have come since then, how much has changed in our lives in just two short years & how many more I have to look forward to with the a Husband who has surpassed every promise he made to me that day!

My advice for any engaged couple is to take it all in, focus on your future together & remember what truly matters; one another! 

No comments:

Post a Comment