Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Mostly work & a little play

My schedule is pretty variable, but one thing I can always count on is my every third weekend rotation! Not too bad to be honest, I have worked places where it was every other weekend, so I have no complaints about that. However it can be a bit of a drag when all your friends are headed out and you're headed into work. I always try to get out at least Friday night before I spend the weekend working. This weekend I worked night shift so I apologize that I am a day late on my "weekend recap" as I essentially slept through Monday ;)

This Friday we had plans with great friends so it helped to get me through the Saturday/Sunday night shift! We were dog sitting this weekend for my sister which has been fun but also a good reality check of what life would be like with two dogs... yikes!

We have gotten past that stage of puppy ownership where you are constantly asking yourself "what were we thinking?" Clo is pretty well trained, no accidents indoors or chewing on everything in sight, so we have been telling him he needs a little sister. Then my Sister's sweet boy came over and we quickly realized we are so not ready for another dog. They have been having some fun but Clovis is a puppy & Bailey is not loving all of his energy. The one thing you can't deny is they are so cute!

Bailey is a total snuggle bug so he was on the couch with me. Clovis was watching longingly from the floor, he was very patient but clearly not super happy about his place on the floor!



















Friday night dinner was amazing! We met up with our friends first and headed over to Cassarino's Ristorante in Federal Hill (Providence, RI). My friend Ashley's cousin owns the place so we go there pretty frequently with them.

Family connects aside, this place is an absolute must visit if you're in the area! Rhode Island has a special place in my heart, being URI alums, Oliver & I often talk about moving back someday, but until then we enjoy dinners at our favorite spots & weekend trips.

 I loved the Holiday decor that was up, you can't go wrong with white lights and greenery! Well actually I think you can, but Tyler definitely did not! :)

This place was super busy Friday night, it looks empty in this picture because we stayed well beyond close chatting & playing heads up at our corner booth!

I was grateful for the opportunity to snap some shots after everyone had left, especially of the bar and those copper mugs!

I totally texted Ashley before dinner to let her know the fur vest that we both own was making it's debut! :) I could have easily been a cast mate of Mob Wives that night, faux fur, leopard belt, red lips & lots of red wine-I loved every bit of it!

When you go, you must order the Calamari with the sweet balsamic reduction, I literally could have did eat it all! They also just got these awesome Moscow Mule cups so we may have had a few of those as well! How great do they look on the bar?


The finale was no short of amazing as well, Espresso Martini's, Espresso cheesecake & Chocolate Lava Cake! I was so grateful for the stretchiness in my pants that night ;)

 Saturday & Sunday (& clearly Monday) were a blur of being up all night and sleeping all day! Back to day shift next week! Wohoo!

What did you get up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment