Monday, December 1, 2014

Creative & Crafty Weekend

Happy Monday! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! If you haven't gotten a chance to check out our Thanksgiving Recap you can see it here. We definitely enjoyed our extended weekend.

Friday was a recovery day for us both, we were exhausted after hosting on Thursday! We slept in and then I headed into work Friday night until Saturday morning. I got home shortly after 7:30 only to get ready and head right back out again. My Mom's best friend was hosting a basket class at her house, which is about an hour and a half away- I slept most of the car ride which was great.

I was hesitant because I had never made a basket before, but thought I'd give it a shot! I was pleasantly surprised it was fun and not too difficult! It was so fun to see how everyone's basket differed, mine was much tighter and tapered up a bit, whereas my Mom's was perfectly round and looked exactly like the sample-  it wasn't her first time! ;)

I still have to burn off the "hairs" apparently you have to wet it really well first otherwise it will go up in flames. I think I will wait for my Mom to help with this part! I also want to stain it somewhat natural, but something to even out the coloring. I would definitely do this again! Have any of you made a basket before?





Saturday night Oliver & I had lots of leftovers and snuggled with our boy Clo! It was so nice to relax & have a low key night in. I had never seen Good Will Hunting- I know this makes me a bad Bostonian, so we watched it!

Sunday was super fun! We went to a calligraphy class with Liz at Lettering By Liz! It was amazing! I couldn't stop staring at all of her work adoring the walls! I was envisioning all of the parties I want to host just to have some of her work!


I thoroughly enjoyed the class. I remember when we were getting married I absolutely loved having calligraphy on all of the little details and really wanted to be able to learn someday. I wasn't sure I would actually be able to do it, and to be frank I am not confident I will ever get it perfectly. However, over the two hours I definitely made progress along with the other three classmates. I loved that the class sizes are so small, on average they are eight people.

Our class was only four, which meant lots of one-on-one time & attention. I appreciated that Liz really watched and showed me how to tweak my style. She also gives you a ton of supplies to get started & practice at home. I will for sure be back for her intermediate class once I practice a little more! If you live in the area and are remotely interested go see Liz, she is a wonderful teacher!

Just to be clear- the photo on the left is done by me! I joked with Oliver our children won't have "B" names, they aren't my specialty! The photo on the right is what Liz made for me, she did this for each of us before we left! 





























After class we headed over to my Parent's house for dinner & cake for Oliver's birthday. His actual birthday is today so we have some surprises planned & super cute outfits! :) 

What did you all do this weekend? Have you ever looked into taking a calligraphy class? 

Enjoy your week! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment