Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Recap

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! It has been super busy here, but also so fun! Look out for a weekend recap tomorrow!

Thanksgiving was amazing, we had a wonderful day! All of our preparation totally paid off and we were able to enjoy the day with our guests! We had the table set, and food prepped so we were able to wake up late- 930! :) We then took Clo on a long walk- he was so excited/overwhelmed with his first snow experience! How cute are these two photos?





















After that we swung by my parents house for coffee & breakfast. We were back home by 11 where we got the game hens underway and fired up the ovens. I did some last minute cleaning and we were ready when our guests arrived at two!
 
The food amazingly all came out right on time, we only set the fire alarm off once which is pretty impressive for apartment living! To be fair we were also making Yorkshire puddings- if anyone has ever made them without setting off the fire alarm I welcome some advice! While doing my fifth "checklist rundown" we realized we forgot the stuffing- no big deal we skipped it and I don't think anyone noticed as we had plenty of dishes. 

Overall our day was wonderful and we were so grateful to spend time with family and friends. I was a terrible blogger, I took exactly ZERO photos, so thank you to my guests who did. They are not the high resolution photos I usually use, but I like the idea of seeing the day through our guests eyes! We rented chairs because we didn't have enough, they were gorgeous! Thank you, Taylor Rentals it was super easy to pick up the chairs in advance, they were beautiful & totally reasonably priced!



If you saw my Instagram post I made the leaves for place cards, however I had trouble writing the lettering on the leaf itself, so I made tags which I stamped with a mini gold leaves as the background and wrote the names on. I tied them with bakers twine to bring together the rustic decor. Overall I was very happy with them even though it was not what I had originally envisioned. 



















I had spare burlap when I was done with the banner and table runner so I made these little bows for the backs of some of the chairs, adding some fresh pine for color & scent.






The second table we used to accommodate all of our guests had a variation on the tablecloth & runner, with fresh flowers, candles and gold dipped pine cones. The arrangement turned out beautiful! I was really happy with the simplicity of it.


I used more of the pine & burlap to make a half wreath. This wasn't a planned project I just improvised a little on this one but I was happy with the outcome! It is amazing what you can do with a little burlap & a glue gun! 
 

 This was after the storm, our dining room is actually still set up like this! I will get around to taking it all down soon. We have a Holiday party coming up soon, so I can start to plan the next set of decorations! I can't wait to host again! :) 

What was your Thanksgiving decor like? Do you decorate around a theme? I'd love to hear from you all! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment