Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Blizzard 2015: Juno


Good Morning (ish) !

It has been FAR too long- we have had quite a few things going on lately so we have been in survival mode- just getting through day to day, which unfortunately meant the blog fell off the list.

However I am happy to say we are back on track and have adjusted (ish) to our new schedule! Monday morning was both of our first days so getting showered, ready (in real clothes!!) and out the door was challenging to say the least!  Just as I felt like we were streamlining the process we got a snow day today- not complaining at all! In my new position I am no longer considered an "essential employee" so today I am here, desperately trying to warm up before having to brave the cold again.

This morning when I woke up and looked out the window I could not think of one reason in the world I ever wanted to move back here. It is cold, there is snow on the ground until April, shoveling is your cardio, and oh wait its FREEZING! I knew I had many reasons as to why we left our jobs, home and friends in DC to move back here, but suddenly I was at a loss.

Then the doorbell rang, it was my Dad (who is an essential employee) dropping off a snow blower, I looked at the stairs and realized my brother and sister in law (who live next door) had already started shoveling! I instantly became overwhelmingly grateful and realized the most important reason we moved back here is the family support we have! With a little perspective I realized the snow really is beautiful, my husband and dog were both loving being out there and that being cozy inside is likely one of my favorite things.


So I realized exactly why we moved back, Boston is home for all the reasons tangible and unexplainable!

Although talk to me again in April when there are snow covered Tulips! 


No comments:

Post a Comment