Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Engravable Ideas

Planning our wedding was so fun- blending our different styles into a cohesive day which represented both of us was something of magic. When the topic of first looks, first dances and the ceremony came up Oliver fell clearly on the non- traditional side of things, except for one topic- me changing my name. He felt wholeheartedly that we should have the same last name, whatever that was he wanted to make sure that was the case.

I loved my last name, I was a Collins girl through and through, but for that man I made the switch. So I became k.m.r- it was a change for me for sure. Oliver helped to soften the blow by buying me a few pieces with my new initials- he knows me too well!

I have since embraced the change, monogramming everything I can get my hands on, tastefully of course :)

Here are a few of my favorite pieces, and something I feel every girl should have, especially a new bride! If you know any ladies in your life who are newly minted Mrs, Mama or just someone who would enjoy a personalized piece think about adding these to their collection!


I love the Stella & Dot engravables because there are multiple options, you can do a single letter, a traditional monogram (remember your last name is the center letter- mine would be KRM) several font styles, and they have multiple metals. I also love them because they are SO quick, usual monogramming takes about 4-8 weeks and this is much faster, from when I placed my order to when I received it was 8 days, for an inpatient girl like me that was heaven!

http://www.stelladot.com/shop/en_us/p/jewelry/charms-engraving/engravables/signature-engravable-disc-necklace?color=gold

In this photo I am wearing the Signature Engravable Disc Necklace in gold, and with the "script" font. There are three options for chain length I am wearing it on the longest length in this photo. I also love the Signature Bar Necklace.


http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/argento-vivo-personalized-3-initial-block-monogram-necklace-nordstrom-online-exclusive/3613097?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Gold&resultback=554&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_2_B
This is a great twist on a "traditional" monogram, typically you will see the scripted lettering, however I love that this is a modern twist with block lettering! 3-4 week processing time for Nordstrom so make sure to plan ahead! :)


https://www.etsy.com/listing/180492066/gold-bar-necklace-roman-numerals-kim?ref=shop_home_feat_1
Lastly, another necklace I own personally and absolutely love from Celebrity Inspired! Mine has our anniversary date on one side, and our initials on the other side. I think this is a perfect gift for anyone. You could do an important date, symbols, initials. It can be totally customized to whatever you would like and the Etsty shop owner Lena is amazing! She was super patient, and got the order to me in a very timely manner!


There are countless other monogrammed options for gifts, but these are just a few of my favorites!

Do you have any personalized pieces you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment