Saturday, January 3, 2015

Second Stitch Fix Shipment

I was SO excited to get my second Stitch Fix shipment, I timed it so that I would get it just before the Holiday's so I would (hopefully) have lots of sparkly fun things to wear to all of the parties and big events.

For those of you who don't know about Stitch Fix read my blog post about it here and all about my first shipment here. 

Okay so on to my second delivery- like I was saying I was jazzed about it coming and quickly very deflated once I opened the box. Here is why...

I received a jersey wrap dress which was incredibly low cut, I tried it on with a tank top but it was still much too low, the stylist even made note of how low it would be and advised me to put a tank under.  It also was jersey material so it clung in odd places- not flattering at all. I would totally understand the mix up however I spent loads of time making my profile very specific, linking up the blog, Pinterest & they have my measurements- I am not a good body type for a jersey wrap dress, so I sent it back!

I did however get a pair of black leggings- plain but definitely versatile. I would have kept them but they were just WAY too small- like not even on a skinny day were they going to get over my hips- small! I also got a pretty cardigan it was open, crocheted in a gold tone. I really liked it but I had several other similar sweaters so I sent it back.

Lastly, the only thing I did keep from my Fix was this silk top. I loved the fabric and the fit, I thought it was super cute- just an easy piece to throw on with jeans and boots!

I have to apologize for the quality of these photos, they were taken with my iPhone as my camera man is in Australia for two weeks! He totally needs to come home and take pictures for me, clearly I am not good at the "mirror selfie" 








Overall I guess the wrap dress was my biggest complaint. I was disappointed, mainly because I had asked for holiday attire, something with a sparkle and the only thing that came close was the cardigan and even that was a stretch. I do however think this program is worth it so I signed up for another Fix and it should be here soon.

I read a few of the tips on their site about how to optimize your shipments so I fingers crossed!

If you are interested in setting up a fix you can use this referral code to get yourself started!

No comments:

Post a Comment