Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Nothing to wear...

I am the queen of the "I have nothing to wear" I think we can all admit we have said this before, maybe some of us more than others. When I actually put the time in to scour my closet 99% of the time I have the Goldilocks moment, "this one is just right"

Here is the 1% to that- work attire. I have always worn scrubs & dansko's to work, mostly of the time I enjoy the fact that I don't have to think about it just get dressed and go. Also I enjoy the fact that when something spills or splashes on said scrubs because it always does, I don't stress over it. However as I transition into this new role I will be wearing dress clothes primarily, with occasions when I am participating in direct patient care that I will wear scrubs.

I have looked through my closet in preparation, I have some of the basics- JCrew Winnie pants, blazers in several colors, blouses, and a few flats. What I see when I look through is probably two full weeks worth of outfits, which means it is time to do a little shopping! :)

I want to add a few more basics such as brown flats, a work bag, a few more pairs of pants, and then some skirts and shift dresses. Here are a few examples of things I love!

http://www.loft.com/tipped-tweed-skirt/353963?colorExplode=false&skuId=17764858&catid=catl000017&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=6600
http://www.loft.com/colorblock-flare-dress/351595?colorExplode=false&skuId=18087413&catid=catl000013&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=9365
http://www.toryburch.com/reva-ballet---tumbled-leather-|-253-|-basic-reva/888736087911.html?CAMPID=gbase&utm_source=GooglePLA&utm_medium=pla&utm_term=888736087911&gclid=CMi12fLrkcMCFYjN4AodSFQAow&gclsrc=ds
http://www.dagnedover.com/collections/all/products/tote#Linen


















What are your go to work pieces? Do you have a favorite bag or shoe? I would love to hear your ideas!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat - trying to add staple pieces to my "workwear". I definitely wear my taupe wedges from Calvin Klein a lot, and I have some plum trousers from Loft that I'm loving!

    -Lisa
    everdayelevated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the tip Lisa! I am loving The Loft as well!

      Delete
  2. I'm in the same boat - trying to add staple pieces to my "workwear". I definitely wear my taupe wedges from Calvin Klein a lot, and I have some plum trousers from Loft that I'm loving!

    -Lisa
    everdayelevated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete