Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday- long weekends really are the best!

Oliver came home on Thursday after what felt like the longest two and half weeks ever! I was so happy to have him back. Thursday night we went to a fabulous dinner at Porcini's which is one of our favorite spots, we actually had our rehearsal dinner there so every time we go back it's a fun little reminder of an amazing time in our life! :) I am not sure Oliver was really even awake the whole time at dinner, the poor guy didn't know what time of day it was after traveling for the previous forty hours! I went with a causal look for dinner and paired my favorite monogram necklace with this beautiful necklace Oliver brought home from Australia :)





















Friday we woke up early, dropped Clovis off at "doggie daycare" and hit the slopes! We had the best day skiing! I learned how to ski last winter and have been absolutely hooked! Oliver is a great skier he learned when he was only four in the Alps (totally normal right?). He has been the most patient teacher, but I am definitely catching up in terms of skill!

Friday night we had dinner plans with one of our favorite couples. Ashley & I have been friends since we met in college taking a summer class, and we became instant friends. I can always count on her for a great time, but also for the tough stuff too - a rare find in a friend! We love hanging out with her and her boyfriend, and they had friends who recently moved to town so they came to dinner as well. By the end of the night it was like we had all known each other for years, what a great time! I was so excited to wear my faux fur for dinner paired with this super cute Loft blouse & of course my new necklace from Oliver!


Onto the where. We decided to go to Precinct Kitchen & Bar - I am absolutely in love with this place! It is inside a hotel but the building itself is an old Boston Police Precinct- hence the name. Their menu is all "traditional Boston" fare, amazing cocktails, and all nestled in the cutest setting. They have vintage BPD photos and decor, as well as the most gorgeous outdoor patio. I actually went out there just to check it out despite the frigid temps, it is safe to say I will be back there soon, and most definitely when that patio is open!

Saturday I got see a friend from DC who was in Boston visiting family, it is always great to see her! We headed over to The Local for lunch, I love this place (I blog about it all the time!), so I wanted to show Erin what it was all about. It is one of the few places in the area that reminds me of the DC foodie scene. Lunch was super casual so I went for flats, boyfriend jeans & the cutest Zara sweater!



Clo got his second haircut Saturday afternoon in preparation for getting fixed next week! My sweet boy has had a rough few weeks with his preop visit where they found an ear infection, having his Dad gone, and now getting fixed. However we will be back on track soon and if plans work out he will be starting Advanced Puppy class in February!

Saturday & Sunday night I worked overnights rounding out the end of my night shift schedule as I transition into a new role! :)

Sorry for the super long post, we just had so much fun this weekend it was a blast to recap! I have also recently started an Instagram just for the blog where I have been posting outfits of the day & other fun things so follow along @passthebubblyblog 





No comments:

Post a Comment