Saturday, January 10, 2015

Third Stitch Fix


Okay it seems super quick I know- I didn't get my second Stitch Fix review on the blog right away. However I got my third fix last week and I am super happy! I feel as though this fix is much more on track with my personal style.

I did a bit of updating to my profile since my second fix, using the resources on the site to maximize my profile. I also had to do a bit of updating because I am starting a new job very soon (yay!) where I will no longer be wearing scrubs full time. I feel really lucky to have the best of both worlds, I will be wearing scrubs while I am in clinic however I will also be wearing dress clothes too.

SO this fix included some "work pieces" which definitely added more variety to the mix. I also changed my profile so I do not receive jewelery or accessories as regularly. I have so many accessories and really love buying them when I come across them so I didn't feel like I needed to get that in my fix. Considering you get five pieces per shipment I felt it was better to get clothing versus accessories I was less likely to keep.

Here is the low down on the five pieces I received this time...

This skirt is the 41Hawthorn Walt striped skirt. I really liked this but I decided to send it back because I didn't feel like it was work appropriate. The fabric is super clingy - maybe a bigger size would have been better?  I liked the look but it wasn't right for me personally.




 This dress is also 41Hawthorn and I loved it! I struggled as to what to do with this one, actually holding me up in checking out till the very last minute! Ultimately,  I decided not to keep it because it was a big snug on me, I actually would have preferred a bigger size in this one. It was on the higher end of what I would normally spend however I would have splurged if it had fit better. 


This sweater was easily the worst piece I have gotten in a fix and I seriously contemplated not posting this photo, but to be honest about my fix I decided to so here it goes... I think this is meant to be a "cropped" sweater however I am pretty short so on me it wasn't cropped it was just plain awkward. I also am pretty honest with myself on trends and there is no way I could ever pull off a crop top even if it were the appropriate length. It very quickly went into the return pile!!



I had requested a blazer in this fix, so I was happy to see that I got a variation on a typical blazer (for which I have several). However this style didn't work on me very well, I think the length of it was great for dresses or skirts but the flowing lapels didn't flatter my shape.



Lastly, the piece I did keep was one of my most favorite pieces!  I just realized as I am writing this that I have kept the shirt/blouse from every shipment I've gotten, but this is seriously my favorite! I love the fit, I think it will look great with a blazer for work and will transition to after work easily! Keep an eye out for an outfit post with this new piece! You can also stay in the loop with my outfit of the days posts on the blog's Instagram @passthebubblyblog :)




Overall I am way happier this time! I have schedule my next fix so that it arrives just before my birthday and requested party attire so I will make sure to keep you all posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment