Monday, November 3, 2014

Fantastic Finds for your Table!

For more details on my Thanksgiving plans see my previous post. I have been on the hunt for several pieces for hosting in our home. I think there are certain elements that are worth splurging on, and some where scoring a good deal is exactly what you need!

We were fortunate enough to receive some amazing shower gifts which really set us up for everyday dining and some special occasion hosting. We did not register for fine china because at the time we knew we'd be moving around for a few years and decided to hold off. I have since found so many patterns I love and would love to have, however I have decided to wait until we purchase a home and have more storage.

Until then I think it is totally acceptable to use our "everyday" plates with some upgrades to jazz it up! Starting with charger plates, I have been on the hunt for a simple gold charger plate. Sounds easy right? Not so much- I ordered several online none of which I loved! Then I went to Target and stumbled upon these babies. They are a subtle gold with some detail to add texture and visual interest to the plate. They came in gold and silver, I bought both but have decided to go with all gold. Don't mind the wrinkled table runner- it was fresh out of the package & will be ironed before the big day :)









I added in this last photo because I couldn't get over how cute my little guy was in the background keeping an eye on the neighborhood! :)






Target also had a series of holiday glassware out, white and red wine glasses, water glasses, and champagne flutes, all for $1.00! I know right? I was ecstatic! We do not have a set of twelve flutes so I thought this was the perfect solution for my signature cocktail- gold sugar rimmed champagne cocktails!
















I was feeling pretty lucky after my Target finds so I stopped into Homegoods where I found this Kate Spade Holiday table runner! Kate Spade is easily one of my favorite designers, so when I came across this runner (they also had it in a tablecloth) I was over the moon! I love the simple color & cute sayings!



I am planning to add some burlap to the table as well, but I don't want to completely cover the table as I love the grey wood style!As for the table scape I have decided to go with a more "nature centric" style- layered wood, lots of greens, burlap & candles! I also ordered a set of monogrammed napkins so as soon as those come in I will make sure to do a review!

No comments:

Post a Comment