Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

As I sit here writing this post cozy in my favorite pj's & champs in hand I've been reflecting on what this year has brought us!

Last Thanksgiving we were so fortunate to be with our "Second Parents" - a couple who has known my husband since he was five. From the first time I met them I totally understood why Oliver loved them so much! They are the most generous, kind & loving people, who adopted us while we were in DC for some time. We spent almost all of our holidays with them when we couldn't travel home for whatever reason, and I never felt anything less than part of the family. This year we are missing them hugely, one day I hope that all of our parents both adopted and by birth can all celebrate a holiday together!

There is no doubt there has been much preparation leading to today, I have menu planned, changing several times, purchased & returned countless plates, napkins and decor. Ultimately, the end result is beautiful! The table is set, anything which could be prepped in advance has been and now we sit and relax until the crowds arrive at half past two tomorrow!

So here I reflect on the many things I am thankful for this year.

First and foremost, Oliver, I am so grateful for everything he does for Clo & I. He is a true gentleman & family man and for that I feel blessed beyond measure!

My family, which is ever expanding with a few new arrivals come 2015! :) They have been the most supportive, loving and loyal people in my life! It is impossible to get photos of all of you but I love you all the same!





















Our dog, Clovis, we love you more than is probably normal. You have brought us so much joy, love & a sobering reality of what dog ownership is actually about! The last seven months would have been incredibly boring without your antics!







My friends, this group has changed quite a bit over the last few years, however the end result is an intimate circle of people who have seen me through the roller coaster that is life. I love you all & am eternally grateful for the direction, honesty & laughter you have brought to my life, I am a better person for it!

Lastly, I am thankful for everyone who reads the blog! This has been such a wonderful journey so far & I can not wait to see where the future takes it!

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving (for those who celebrate!) Oliver merely participates because of the food like any good Englishmen! :) Enjoy the day with family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment